Volunteering as a workshop moderator is a GREAT way to ensure you get to meet and hear your favorite speakers, and a fun way to serve at the Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference! Simply choose from the available sessions below that you’re interested in and watch the provided training video. Thank you for giving of your time and serving others!
Responsibilities of a Workshop Moderator:
- Watch the training video (provided by email after volunteer registration is completed)
- Check in at the workshop moderator table prior to your shift for any final instructions
- Arrive at the workshop room at the start of your shift to greet the speaker
- Introduce the speaker at the beginning of the session (how cool is that??)
- Keep the time, distribute any handouts and surveys
- Maintain order
Training: Training will be done via a recorded video for you to watch at your convenience. This training video will be available on May 1st. There will also be an optional LIVE Zoom meeting for you to get any questions you have answered on Thursday June 2nd and Wednesday June 8th. After filling out the volunteer form below you will receive an email with this information.
Benefits: Volunteers who serve as moderators for at least 3 workshops receive their choice of one of the benefits listed below. You may sign up for any number of workshops; but to receive the listed benefits you need to serve for a minimum of 3 workshops. You may sign up for more than 3 workshops, you will receive one benefit for every three workshops you volunteer for.
- Receive a $20 discount on full conference recordings (limit 1)
- $5 Concession Food Certificate — good during Exhibit Hall hours only
- $8 Exhibit Hall Certificate — good during Exhibit Hall hours only
Please note — Once you select a workshop and complete your volunteer form, we are counting on you to serve at that workshop. The workshop will no longer be available to anyone else, only 1 moderator needed per workshop. If your plans change, please let us know ASAP so we can open that workshop for another volunteer.