Note the following information is from the 2019 Conference.
The conference is an incredible experience — and it can also be incredibly overwhelming when you come for the first time! But we promise, it doesn’t have to be. We’re here to help you navigate with ease so you are satisfied with your conference experience and pumped to take on a new year of homeschooling come Saturday night!
The Conference Guidebook (at-home printable)
We’ve created a handy printable “Conference Guidebook” with everything you need to know before you come, plus a super-simple checklist of all your workshop options, so you can quickly mark up what you plan to attend and see your schedule at a glance. Find directions, a what-to-bring tip list, quick overview of all the workshop types, and more.
We encourage you to print it off at home to help you plan out your weekend.
HURRAY!! We’re super pumped to launch our very first conference app for your mobile device. Download the app to navigate the conference schedule with ease, find room locations, and much more. You can even “star” your favorite workshops to create your own personalized schedule!
Get the app: In your app store, download Attendify, then search for CHEC Homeschool Conference.
Click these areas to navigate the website:
…and here are some downloadable printables if you prefer hard copies. (But keep in mind, you’ll receive a hard copy program when you arrive onsite with all this info, too.)
Arrival, Getting Connected, & Tips
Registration & Check-in: When you first arrive …
- If you have ALREADY REGISTERED, go to the East Entrance Pre-Paid Check-in window.
- If you have NOT REGISTERED, go to either the West or East Entrance Registration table.
- After check-in or registering, you will receive the following:
- Name tags for all registered members of your family
- A conference program
- A welcome bag with special offers from our Exhibitors
- You’ll need to wear your nametag the entire duration of the conference. (Registration booth opens each morning at 7:15 am.)
Get there early! We’re expecting over 3,000-3,500 people attending this conference. That means a ton of fun is in store! But please be aware that the large numbers can also affect parking time and check-in time. Plan to arrive early to make sure you arrive at your chosen workshops in time.
Facility: Hosted at the Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Center (15500 E 40th Ave, Denver, CO 80239, on the northeast corner of I-70 and Chambers Road).
- Click here for location map.
- Parking is convenient and free!
- The West Entrance (adjacent to the Hotel Lobby Entrance) leads to most workshop rooms.
The East Entrance leads to the Exhibit Hall, general sessions, and some workshops.
- Click here for a Facility Map.
Food: The convention center features a restaurant, concession stand, and coffee cart. (Outside food is not permitted inside the convention center). There are also lots of food options within walking distance or a few miles of the facility; click here for a list of those options.
Facebook: Join the CHEC Colorado Homeschool Discussion Facebook group to share your photos & learnings this week and connect with other attendees!
- Wear a jacket or sweater — the temperature often fluctuates in the convention center.
- Workshop rooms will have water and cups, but we recommend bringing a refillable bottle so you can stay hydrated.
- Talk with people next to you in workshops; you’ll learn new things and make new friends!
- Keep notes from workshop sessions, and highlight your key takeaways to refer back to later.
- If you’re bringing your children, bring a small bag of quiet activities for them to enjoy during workshops. Strollers are allowed, providing they are single-seat-wide strollers, and there are changing tables in the restrooms at the convention center. We recommend checking out this link for additional tips on how to attend a conference with small children.
- Workshop sessions & schedule: You’ll receive a conference program when you check in that includes all of this information, but it’s handy to check it out beforehand too:
- View the entire 3-day workshop schedule here. (Tip: click a session title, speaker name, or session track for more details.)
- View our at-a-glance (printable) workshop schedule PDF here.
- View the detailed workshop descriptions, all in one place (and printable) here.
- Download workshop outlines here from speakers who provided them.
- General sessions: These are the highlight of the entire conference weekend – featuring special music, presentations from keynote speakers, and more. You won’t want to miss them!
- Friday Family Night: Bring the whole family to enjoy the Amazing Chemistry Show and Family Experience! ($10 per family; learn more here.)
- Silent Auction: Shop for some pretty incredible packages of event tickets, gift baskets, gift certificates, and LOTS more. Bidding closes on Saturday at noon. (Learn more here.)
These shopping areas are open for those with Shopping passes and Full Conference passes.
- Pre-Conference Wednesday-only — Used Curriculum Sale: Find great deals and hidden treasures! Learn more here about the sale shopping hours and categories you’ll find.
- Exhibit Hall: Over 130 booths filled with curriculum, helpful products, books and more! Find a list of all exhibitors here. The Exhibit Hall is open:
- Thursday, June 14th • 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm (Grand Opening Party!)
- Friday, June 15th • 9:45 am – 6:30 pm
- Saturday, June 16 • 9:45 am – 4:30 pm
- 15-Minute Family Activity Demonstrations: Hosted by exhibitors in the Exhibit Hall (near the concession area).
- Colorado ACTS – Thursday 7 pm; Friday noon; Saturday noon
- DC Martial Arts – Thursday 5 pm; Friday 10 am; Saturday 10 am
- Engineering for Kids – Thursday 6 pm; Friday 11 am; Saturday 11 am
- Ever Be Ballet – Friday at 2 pm, 3 pm, and 4 pm
- Scholastic Fencing – Thursday 8 pm; Friday 1 pm