The Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference is an incredible event — aaaaand it could also be incredibly overwhelming when you come for the first time. (Ask us how we know!)
So, we went on a mission to solve that and here’s what we’ve got for you: The Conference Roadmap! It’s like your personal coach to help you know just what to look for at the conference, so you can confidently navigate the event in the best way for your own family’s needs.
Prepare now so you’re ready for an over-the-top, totally fun, wow-I-NEEDED-this! weekend — and then come Saturday night, you’ll leave for home equipped with fresh ideas, helpful resources, and a heart spilling over with enthusiasm to kick off the new year.
Let’s get started!
1. Print Your Roadmap
Our team (including the awesome Thara Reinitz from Prov31inProgress.com) created a beautiful, simple-to-use and printable Roadmap that will coach you through three stages of preparation for the conference:
- Assess: Take a few minutes (or longer if you like!) to consider & document what’s currently working & not working for you in your homeschool. (Or if you’re brand-new, think about any supplies and resources already on hand.) Bring this with you to the conference to help you stay on target for what’s most important.
- Explore: While you’re at the conference, use this section to help you discover what resources will work best for your family — and help you narrow down which sessions will be most helpful for your season.
- Advance: Track your takeaways so they don’t get lost — and make changes that will last and impact your homeschool in the best way.
If you haven’t yet, make sure you sign up so you’re all set to attend the conference! Get a discount when you pre-register right here.
3. Download the CHEC Homeschool App
We’re all about making your conference experience a breeze — and the CHEC Homeschool app is a huge part of that! Once you’ve got the app downloaded, you can navigate the full schedule, “heart” your favorites to create a personalized schedule, view maps of the facility and exhibit hall, and more. Plus, stay up-to-date with notifications through the weekend so you don’t miss the important stuff.
4. Come! (Here’s what to expect)
Registration & Check-In
When you first arrive, come to the East Entrance to get checked-in. You’ll get nametags (to wear all weekend), a small conference program, and a welcome bag with special offers from various companies.
Pro tip — get there early for better parking! 3,000+ people means tons of fun and a busy parking lot 🙂
Location & Facility
The conference is hosted at the Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Center (15500 E 40th Ave, Denver, CO 80239, on the northeast corner of I-70 and Chambers Road) you can click here for a location map. Parking is convenient & free!
Click here for a Facility Map to know how to navigate when you get there, and keep in mind:
- The East Entrance has the registration booth and leads to the Exhibit Hall, general sessions, and some workshops.
- The West Entrance (adjacent to the Hotel Lobby Entrance) leads to most workshop rooms.
The convention center is hosting food trucks each day just outside the West Entrance — great food at great prices! There are also lots of food options (click here for a list) within walking distance or a few miles.
More Plan-Ahead Tips
- Join the CHEC Colorado Homeschool Discussion Facebook group to share your photos & learnings this week and connect with other attendees.
- Wear a jacket or sweater — the temperature often fluctuates in the convention center.
- Workshop rooms will have water and cups, but we recommend bringing a refillable bottle so you can stay hydrated.
- Talk with people next to you in workshops; you’ll learn new things and make new friends!
- Keep notes from workshop sessions, and highlight your key takeaways to refer back to later.
- If you’re bringing your children, bring a small bag of quiet activities for them to enjoy during workshops. Strollers are allowed, providing they are single-seat-wide strollers, and there are changing tables in the restrooms at the convention center. We recommend checking out this link for additional tips on how to attend a conference with small children.
Workshop sessions & schedule: Download the CHEC Homeschool App for the best place to find the full schedule. You’ll also receive a conference program when you check-in that includes a schedule, and you can check it all out here:
- View the basic 3-day schedule here.
- View our at-a-glance (printable) workshop schedule PDF here.
- View the detailed workshop descriptions, all in one place (and printable) here.
- Download workshop handouts here from speakers who provided them.
General sessions: These are the highlight of the entire conference weekend — featuring special music, presentations from keynote speakers, and more. You won’t want to miss them!
These shopping areas are open for those with Shopping passes and Full Conference passes.
- Pre-Conference Wednesday-only — Used Curriculum Sale: Find great deals and hidden treasures! Learn more here about the sale shopping hours and categories you’ll find.
- Silent Auction: Hosted through the event (near the West Entrance), with sales closing at 1pm on Saturday. Learn more here.
- Exhibit Hall: Over 110 booths filled with curriculum, helpful products, books and more! Find a list of all exhibitors here. The Exhibit Hall is open:
- Thursday, June 17th • 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm (Grand Opening Party!)
- Friday, June 15th • 9:00 am – 6:30 pm
- Saturday, June 16 • 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
- 15-Minute Family Activity Demonstrations: Hosted by exhibitors in the Exhibit Hall (near the concession area).
- Details coming soon!