Looking for extra help understanding your children’s needs and finding ways to make education work well for their specific learning styles? Consider these opportunities available at the conference tailored just for homeschooling parents and their children.
All screenings are:
- Pre-conference on Wednesday, June 24th
- Onsite at the convention center
- Available as an add-on to your full conference pass (specific cost noted below)
- Deadline to sign up is June 15th
(Already registered & want to add on? Click here for instructions.)
- Search for your confirmation email sent when you first registered. (The subject line is “Registration Confirmation for the 2020 Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference” from CHEC, ).
- Scroll to the bottom and underneath “View Receipt” you’ll see the link to Access Your Account.
- The link will take you to an account log-in page. Log-in or create an account to see your registration page.
- Click on “registrations” at the top of the page and you will see events you have registered for.
- Select 2020 Conference to see your Conference Registration.
- To add-on any additional registration items you want, click “Edit” and add the items you want.
- Click on SAVE. You will then be charged for only the add-ons you selected and a new confirmation email receipt will be sent to you.
Having difficulty? Contact us at 720-842-4852 on Monday–Friday, 10–5.
Nancy Stevens and Denise Gibson, nationally certified optometric vision therapists from Highline Vision Center, will be providing vision screenings for students ages 5 through 18. The purpose of this screening is to identify vision problems that may interfere with learning. Screening tests will include distance and near clarity of vision, convergence, depth perception and color vision. This screening does not replace a complete health and vision exam. Each screening will take approximately 10 minutes followed by a 5-minute consultation. As a longtime supporter of CHEC, Highline Vison Center will be donating the fee of $10 per screening to the CHEC Sign Language Interpreting Fund.
Featured speaker Teri Spray (of Christian Cottage Home School Services) is offering a limited number of reading screenings for children ages 5-16. Reading is the gateway skill to homeschooling success! If your child seems to be struggling, a screening will let you know his or her reading level based on phonemic awareness, oral reading fluency, and comprehension skills. Teri can recommend techniques and types of curricula, and give you the encouragement you need to get your child back on track. The entire $10 cost benefits the Casterline Single Moms Fund.
Executive Functioning Screening
Tara Roehl, MS, CCC-SLP will provide Executive Functioning Screenings for children ages 8 and older. These screenings will look at key developmental areas of planning and organization in your child including: working memory, metacognition, sustained attention, task initiation, flexibility, goal-directed persistence and more. The dynamic assessment will take approximately 10 minutes, followed by a 5 minute debrief with the parent(s). Cost of participation is $10, and will be entirely donated to the Struggling Learners Fund.