The Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference schedule is so full with excellent guest speakers, challenging workshops, fun and educational activities for the kids on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday we added a Bonus day on Wednesday 6/15 for some special activities.
The Bonus Day is included with the Full Conference registration.
- HOMESCHOOL INTRODUCTORY SEMINAR
- LEARNING SCREENINGS
- USED CURRICULUM SALE
(Already registered & want to add on? Click here for instructions.)
Already registered & want to add this to your registration? Click here for instructions.
- Search for your confirmation email sent when you first registered. (The subject line is “Registration Confirmation for the 2022 Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference” from CHEC, ).
- Scroll to the bottom and underneath “View Receipt” you’ll see the link to Access Your Account.
- The link will take you to an account log-in page. Log-in or create an account to see your registration page.
- Click on “registrations” at the top of the page and you will see events you have registered for.
- Select 2022 Conference to see your Conference Registration.
- To add-on any additional registration items you want, click “Edit” and add the items you want.
- Click on SAVE. You will then be charged for only the add-ons you selected and a new confirmation email receipt will be sent to you.
Having difficulty? Contact us at 720-842-4852 on Monday–Friday, 10–5.
Used Curriculum Sale
You can buy and sell used books (held on Wednesday prior to the conference) — but make sure you plan ahead so you can drop off your items in time for the sale. Learn more here.
Held on Wednesday, June 15th, 12:00 – 4:00pm
Used Curriculum Sale – click for details
- 7-10:45am – Curriculum Drop-Off
- 11-12pm – Early Access Shopping (for volunteers)
- 12-4pm – Open Shopping in Salon D
- 4-8pm – Cleanup
Homeschool Introductory Seminar
When: Wednesday, June 15th, 8:00am – 3:00pm
Where: The Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Center (15500 E 40th Ave, Denver, CO 80239)
Registration: It’s free, but we do need to know you’re coming!
- On the CHEC website (if you aren’t ready to register for the full conference)
- Or, if you are already registering for the full conference, just checkmark the Homeschool Introductory Seminar option
Homeschool Intro Seminar – click for details
Interested in homeschooling but want some help to get started? Then this is for you! CHEC’s Homeschool Introductory Seminar is coming to the Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference in this special BONUS DAY, absolutely free, day-long training event.
The content is handcrafted to bring you confidence and tools by learning from veteran homeschool parents about the why, how, what, and where questions of homeschooling in Colorado. Get ready to launch your homeschool successfully! Get more info here.
Looking for extra help understanding your children’s needs and finding ways to make education work well for their specific learning styles? Consider these opportunities available at the conference tailored just for homeschooling parents and their children.
All screenings are on Wednesday, June 15th, 9am-3:45pm
Deadline to sign up is June 2nd
Learning Screenings – click for details
Blocked Learning Gate Screenings with Cassie Moore and Dianne Craft
Cost of participation is $10 and will be entirely donated to CHECs’ Struggling Learners Fund.
Dianne and Cassie will be providing screening to identify your child’s blocked learning gates. Learning gates can be considered information pathways. When we speak of a blocked learning gate, we mean that the processing skill has not transferred into the Automatic Brain Hemisphere. The child continues to need to concentrate on the processing task because of this lack of transfer. This screening will evaluate the effectiveness of your child’s the 4 learning gates.
- Visual Processing Gate: The act of moving the eyes over a page from left to right is not a naturally developed trait.
- Writing Processing Gate: When the child’s visual/spatial skills, or the act of writing, haven’t transferred into the automatic hemisphere, he often looks like he’s “sloppy, lazy or unmotivated.”
- Auditory Processing Gate: A child, who is suffering with an Auditory Processing Problem, generally has trouble with reading.
- Focus/Attention Gate: A child may look like he has no memory, or a true learning disability, when what is really going on is that this child has to use too much battery energy to remain focused during the instruction, or completing the lesson.
Dianne and Cassie will discuss each learning gate individually and show you the corrections that can be made by the parent.
Reading Screenings with Bridget Mosley, M. Ed., Cognitive Learning Specialist:
Cost of participation is $10 and will be entirely donated the Casterline Single Moms Fund.
Bridget offers reading screenings for families of children aged 5+. Screenings take 10 minutes and include an additional 5-minute debrief with parents. You’ll learn your child’s reading level, fluency rate, word accuracy rate, and comprehension level, which will help you develop the next steps in your child’s reading program.
Executive Functioning Screening with Tara Roehl, MS, CCC-SLP
Cost of participation is $10 and will be entirely donated to the Struggling Learners Fund.
Tara will provide Executive Functioning Screenings for children ages 8 and older. These screenings will look at key developmental areas of planning and organization in your child including: working memory, metacognition, sustained attention, task initiation, flexibility, goal-directed persistence and more. The dynamic assessment will take approximately 10 minutes, followed by a 5 minute debrief with the parent(s).