Whether you are new to homeschooling unique learners or well down the path, we invite you to attend this free seminar that will help you home educate your unique learners. Come be encouraged, learn how to assess your children, and start to move forward.
ALREADY REGISTERED? See add-on instructions here!
Already registered & want to add this to your registration?
- Search for your confirmation email sent when you first registered. (The subject line is “Registration Confirmation for the 2024 Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference” from CHEC, ).
- Scroll to the bottom and underneath “View Receipt” you’ll see the link to Access Your Account.
- The link will take you to an account log-in page. Log-in or create an account to see your registration page.
- Click on “registrations” at the top of the page and you will see events you have registered for.
- Select 2024 Conference to see your Conference Registration.
- To add-on any additional registration items you want, click “Edit” and add the items you want.
- Click on SAVE. You will then be charged for only the add-ons you selected and a new confirmation email receipt will be sent to you.
Having difficulty? Contact us at 720-842-4852 on Monday–Friday, 10–5.
When: Wednesday, June 12th, 12:30–4:00pm (registration begins at 12:15pm)
Where: The Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Center (15500 E 40th Ave, Denver, CO 80239)
Registration: It’s free, but we do need to know you’re coming! When you register for the full conference, just checkmark the Unique Learners Seminar option.
- 12:15pm — Doors open for check-in
- 12:30pm — Homeschooling Your Unique Child: Adopted, Gifted, Special Needs, and Struggling Learner (Shari McMinn)
- 1:30pm — Break
- 1:45pm — Assessing Your Special Needs Child (Teri Spray)
- 2:45pm — Break
- 3:00pm — Fearfully and Wonderfully Made: Using the Gift of Neuroplasticity to Overcome Learning Difficulties (Andrea Pittman)
Homeschooling Your Unique Child: Adopted, Gifted, Special Needs, and Struggling Learner
Many families begin to homeschool because their child is not in the “box” of a certain grade level. Whether high achieving or struggling, suffering from early childhood traumas, or living with disabilities, children can blossom with home education. Having a wide range of student abilities, or one unique child, can wear down homeschooling parents. Join wise and witty veteran homeschool mom, Shari Howard McMinn, in this practical and encouraging workshop. It will inform you emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually to educate from your heart, with the Lord’s leading. The practical and theoretical aspects of home education and parenting will intersect to equip you to be ready to succeed with your famly team in the homeschool marathon of life with uniquely created children.
Assessing Your Special Needs Child
Finally, you will be able to understand the nature of the difficulties your child is experiencing, and you will receive strategies for support. Various types of learning problems will be revealed through 100 self-diagnosing questions. This workshop includes a ten-page checklist to assist parents in screening for learning problems in their children. Teri has found this to be one their most useful publications. Parents will also learn how to know when and where to seek help.
Fearfully and Wonderfully Made: Using the Gift of Neuroplasticity to Overcome Learning Difficulties
Homeschooling children with learning difficulties presents some unique challenges. The great news is that all of us were created with the gift of neuroplasticity, which allows us to rewire the brain to vercome learning difficulties. Our brains are malleable, moldable, and changeable. Join us as we cover how to harness neuroplasticity to help your child learn at optimal levels and reach their full potential.
Register by noon on 2/26 and save $27!
Use coupon code: PRESDAY (for $27off individual or famiy registration)
Coupon expires in