Interested in homeschooling but want some help to get started? Then this is for you! CHEC’s Homeschool Introductory Seminar is coming to the Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference in this special Bonus Day, free day-long training event.
The content is handcrafted to bring you confidence and tools by learning from veteran homeschool parents about the why, how, what, and where questions of homeschooling in Colorado. Get ready to launch your homeschool successfully!
ALREADY REGISTERED? See add-on instructions here!
Already registered & want to add this to your registration?
- Search for your confirmation email sent when you first registered. (The subject line is “Registration Confirmation for the 2023 Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference” from CHEC, ).
- Scroll to the bottom and underneath “View Receipt” you’ll see the link to Access Your Account.
- The link will take you to an account log-in page. Log-in or create an account to see your registration page.
- Click on “registrations” at the top of the page and you will see events you have registered for.
- Select 2023 Conference to see your Conference Registration.
- To add-on any additional registration items you want, click “Edit” and add the items you want.
- Click on SAVE. You will then be charged for only the add-ons you selected and a new confirmation email receipt will be sent to you.
Having difficulty? Contact us at 720-842-4852 on Monday–Friday, 10–5.
When: Wednesday, June 15th, 8:00am – 3:00pm (tentatively)
Where: The Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Center (15500 E 40th Ave, Denver, CO 80239)
Registration: It’s free, but we do need to know you’re coming! When you register for the full conference, just checkmark the Homeschool Introductory Seminar option.
- 8:00am – Doors open for check-in
- 8:30am – Foundational Principles and a Vision for Homeschooling (Steve Craig)
- 9:30am – Break
- 9:45am – How to Homeschool Legally in Colorado (Steve Craig)
- 10:45am – Break
- 11:00am – Nuts & Bolts: How to Actually Homeschool, Part 1 (Cindy Puhek)
- 12:00pm – Lunch (on your own)
- 12:30pm – Nuts & Bolts: How to Actually Homeschool, Part 2 (Cindy Puhek)
- 1:30pm – Break
- 1:45pm – Homeschooling Your Unique Child: Adopted, Gifted, Special Needs, and Struggling Learner (Shari McMinn)
- Things to consider before beginning
- Philosophy of homeschooling
- Homeschool law in Colorado
- Independent school options
- How to be successful in your homeschool
- Homeschool groups
- Special needs children
- Learning and teaching styles
- Record keeping and scheduling
- How to avoid burnout
- The success of homeschooling
- Answers to “What about socialization?” and other objections
Register before 3/31 to Save 25%
Use Coupon Code EARLY25
This coupons will expire in