We can’t wait to have you join us for your first homeschool conference! The Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference is an incredible event — aaaaand it could also be incredibly overwhelming when you come for the first time.
Whether you’re just researching homeschooling or you’ve been in the midst of it for years, this conference will give you what you need: practical how-to help from workshops and exhibitors, plus — even more importantly — encouragement from the speakers and fellow attendees.
Let’s get started! Here are 8 easy steps to make your time at the Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference the best it can be.
Step 1 — REGISTER
See Registration Options
Your conference experience is waiting! When you register, choose the option that best fits your needs.
- Family package includes access to exhibit hall and used curriculum sale for you, your spouse, all (unmarried) children living in your home, and grandparents for one package price!
- Individual Registration includes access to exhibit hall and used curriculum sale, for only one person.
Full Conference Registration
- Family package includes access to workshops & general sessions, exhibit hall shopping, the Conference Bonus Day (used curriculum sale, Introduction to Homeschooling Seminar, Learning Screenings) and more for your spouse, all (unmarried) children living in your home, and grandparents for one package price.
- Individual registration includes workshops & general sessions, exhibit hall shopping, the Conference Bonus Day (used curriculum sale, Introduction to Homeschooling Seminar, Learning Screenings) and more, for only one person.
If you select the Full Conference, then consider adding even more learning and fun with Conference Extras — simply add on when you register. Please note – All conference attendees must be registered (except for nursing infants ages 2 and under).
Step 2 — Download your Conference “Road Map”
Step 3 — Look through the schedule and make a tentative plan.
Why not sit down with your spouse and/or kids and circle ahead of time the workshops you want to attend or any booths you’d like to visit? If you selected the Full Conference registration option, then consider adding even more learning and fun with these Conference Extras — you can add on these extras at anytime. But don’t wait, they will fill up!
Step 4 — Download the CHEC Homeschool App.
We’re all about making your conference experience a breeze — and the CHEC Homeschool app is a huge part of that! Once you’ve got the app downloaded, you can navigate the full schedule, “heart” your favorites to create a personalized schedule, view maps of the facility and exhibit hall, and more. Plus, stay up-to-date with notifications through the weekend so you don’t miss the important stuff.
Step 5 — Focus on encouragement, not curriculum.
There are a TON of curricula options out there, and while you definitely want to take the time to look through options, don’t get overwhelmed deciding. Curriculum doesn’t make the homeschool; your vision and dedication to the journey do! So focus on hearing from speakers you know will equip and encourage you for the year ahead!
Step 6 — Find out who else is going (and meet other families!)
You may not remember everything you heard at every workshop or every exhibitor you talked with, but you will remember the friendship that started all because you took the time to chat with that homeschool mom sitting next to you! The Father Son Lunch and Mom’s Night Out are great opportunities to meet other like-minded people! Better yet, volunteer a few hours of your time and really get to know other families! You can always purchase recordings of the sessions and workshops to review at home.
Check with friends who are already homeschooling or may be interested. It’s nice to attend with someone you know — but you’ll probably make new friends too! Join the event on Facebook and easily see who else is attending and invite others.
Step 7 — Show up ready to go! (Here’s what to expect)
Registration and Check-In
When you first arrive, come to the East Entrance to get checked-in. You’ll get nametags (to wear all weekend), a small conference program, and a welcome bag with special offers from various companies.
Pro tip: get there early for better parking! 5,000+ people means tons of fun and a busy parking lot.
Location & Facility
The conference is hosted at the Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Center (15500 E 40th Ave, Denver, CO 80239, on the northeast corner of I-70 and Chambers Road) you can click here for a location map. Parking is convenient & free!
Click here for a Facility Map to know how to navigate when you get there, and keep in mind:
- The East Entrance has the registration booth and leads to the used curriculum sale, exhibit hall, general sessions, and some workshops.
- The West Entrance (adjacent to the Hotel Lobby Entrance) leads to most workshop rooms.
Workshop sessions & schedule: Download the CHEC Homeschool App for the best place to find the full schedule. You’ll also receive a conference program when you check-in that includes a schedule, and you can check it all out here:
- Become familiar with the conference speakers.
- View the basic 3-day schedule.
- View our at-a-glance (printable) workshop schedule PDF (2023 PDF coming soon).
- View the detailed workshop descriptions, all in one place (and printable) (2023 PDF coming soon).
- Download workshop handouts here from speakers who provided them.
General sessions: These are the highlight of the entire conference weekend — featuring special music, presentations from keynote speakers, and more. You won’t want to miss them!
These shopping areas are open for those with Shopping passes and Full Conference passes.
- BONUS DAY Wednesday 6/14
- Used Curriculum Sale: Find great deals and hidden treasures! Learn more here about the sale shopping hours and categories you’ll find.
- Homeschool Introductory Seminar: Interested in homeschooling but want some help to get started? Then this is for you. CHEC’s Homeschool Introductory Seminar is completely free! Get more info here.
- Learning Screenings: Looking for extra help understanding your children’s needs and finding ways to make education work well for their specific learning styles? Learn more about these screenings here.
- Silent Auction: Hosted through the event (near the West Entrance), with sales closing at 2pm on Saturday. Learn more here.
- Exhibit Hall: Over 110 booths filled with curriculum, helpful products, books and more! Find a list of all exhibitors here. The Exhibit Hall is open:
- Thursday, June 16th • 4:30 pm–8:30 pm (Grand Opening Party!)
- Friday, June 17th • 9:00 am–6:30 pm
- Saturday, June 18th • 9:00 am–4:30 pm
- 15-Minute Family Activity Demonstrations: Hosted by exhibitors in the Exhibit Hall (near the concession area).
Step 8 — Schedule a debriefing time as a family afterwards.
If you’re attending as a couple, why not consider staying overnight and make the conference a couple getaway? It will give you time to talk and process everything you’ve learned. If you’re bringing the whole family, plan to sit down all together afterward and ask everyone what their favorite parts were, what stood out to them, and how you can implement what you’ve learned as a family.
More about Christian Home Educators of Colorado (CHEC)
The Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference is hosted by Christian Home Educators of Colorado (CHEC), Colorado’s statewide organization that “exists to motivate parents to disciple the next generation of Christians to impact our state and beyond for Christ and His Kingdom.” CHEC provides information, leadership, and resources to families across Colorado and beyond.
More Pro Tips
- Join the CHEC Colorado Homeschool Discussion Facebook group to share your photos & learnings this week and connect with other attendees.
- Are you a homeschool group leader? Join our CHEC Group Leader Network for an exclusive invitation to the RMHC Leader Forum and have access to our CHEC Homeschool Group Leaders private Facebook page.
- Wear a jacket or sweater — the temperature often fluctuates in the convention center.
- Workshop rooms will have water and cups, but we recommend bringing a refillable bottle so you can stay hydrated.
- Talk with people next to you in workshops; you’ll learn new things and make new friends!
- Keep notes from workshop sessions, and highlight your key takeaways to refer back to later.
- If you’re bringing your children, bring a small bag of quiet activities for them to enjoy during workshops. Strollers are allowed, providing they are single-seat-wide strollers, and there are changing tables in the restrooms at the convention center.
Now you’re ready for an over-the-top, totally fun, wow-I-NEEDED-this! weekend! If you feel overwhelmed, don’t be. Our fantastic staff and volunteers will be ready to answer your questions, pray with you, and help guide you. Our goal is that after the conference you’ll leave equipped with fresh ideas, helpful resources, and a heart spilling over with enthusiasm to for your homeschool journey!
The 2023 Conference was
SO MUCH FUN!!!